It’s not what you do that determines your success,
wealth and fulfillment. It’s how you do it.
Success is an enigma.
Most think it’s a certain level of money and achievement
Yet, I speak with people nearly every week of my life who make a lot of money, and they don’t feel successful. Much less fulfilled.
You’re truly successful the minute you
take the first step in a direction of your own choosing.
A truly successful and wealthy life is a fulfilling life.
All else is folly; and a waste of precious time.
We’re going to begin a series of conversations about what it means, more importantly the strategies it takes, to live a truly successful and fulfilling life.
You only get one chance; and your life is not getting any longer.
So you better make the best of every single day.
Success without fulfillment is not success at all.
There are 7 research strategies proven to bring focus, flow and fulfillment. Research conducted by psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, the distinguished professor of psychology and management at Claremont Graduate University.
Csikszentmihalyis’ research was conducted with over a 150,000 people from 150 countries around the world.
His research, as well as research conducted by Gallup in 150 countries also, prove that no matter where you live in the world, the human motivators and drivers are the same.
In this weeks’ overview I’ll introduce you to 7 strategies for significant success based upon Csikszentmihalyis’ body of work.
These are the strategies of Titans from all walks of life.
Over the following few weeks we’ll come back and flesh-out and dive deeper into each point. We’ll also discuss specific examples of Titans from different areas of craft and mastery, and how they utilize these strategies to not only make an impact in their craft, but also in the world.
You’ll want to stay engaged over the next 7 weeks if you’re committed to living a truly successful and fulfilling life.
If you want to create an extraordinary life
you must think and act in direct opposition to the masses.
Here are the Seven Strategies of Titans we’ll explore:
- A goal, intention or task that you have the skills to complete.
- Full immersion/concentration on the task at hand.
- Your goals must be clear and measurable.
- Immediate feedback on performance.
- Removal from all interruption and distraction.
- You must feel you have a degree of control over your actions.
- You must be involved in a high consequence activity.
Next week we’ll dive deeply into strategy number 1; and I think you’re going to find it a bit more complex than might be imagined at first blush.
Until then, think about:
- If you had to define these 7 strategies how would you?
- Do you have them in your life to a large degree currently?
- How truly successful and fulfilled do you feel right now?
- What has to happen for you to feel more fulfillment?
- What specifically must you do differently? (answer in the comments below)
More to come…
There’s always more!
Stay Awake, Love Life and Be Epic!